- Designed with a two-piece Billet dome made from 6061 aluminum, and a black anodized finish.
- The piston inside replaces the conventional diaphragm, which is a two-piece serviceable part. We pressure-tested and rated it for 150 psi working pressure.
- On our piston we use a viton O-ring, and we include spares. We use a nominal O-ring size, so if you have any mishaps replacements are easy.
- The wastegate valve is constructed from a super alloy mix to handle the hottest and harshest conditions your engine can throw at it. We also use this alloy mix to ensure fuels don't corrode the valve.
- All reference ports are 1/8 inch npt.
- Body is casted from stainless steel.
- Stainless inlet and outlet flanges
- Stainless clamps with hardware
- (3pcs) spring kit (approximate ratings for 5psi , 7psi and 14psi with a combined capability approximating 26psi depending on application)
- Spare O-Rings
- (2pcs) 1/8npt Stainless Barbs
- (2pcs) 1/8npt Stainless Plugs
Figure I would come back after a couple seasons with this gate for a review.
Before 2022 season I made the switch to a single 60mm BSI gate.
I was struggling to maintain low boost on launch and no consistency with my previous 50mm gate.
With the BSI gate I can now maintain 4 lbs at launch if surface is poor with no fluctuations no matter how long I stay on the 2 step.
Down track once at peak boost the boost is just a straight line on the log. The control you have while using this gate paired with CO2 is actually unbelievable.
Highly recommended a BSI gate if you are browsing for wastegates !!
I ran this as a single gate on my 370" LS with a TNT 85/96 and it controlled boost beautifully from 4#-30# without any boost creep!
I'll never again go with a diaphragm gate. After 3 years, thousands of miles, and hundreds of passes this gate worked beautifully but it's an incredible peace of mind that these things come with a spare set of orings in case SHTF
Haven't used it yet but quality looks pretty damn good and I like the idea of the piston over the diaphragm